2018 Torre Rosazza Cabernet Sauvignon Colli Orientali del Friuli, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy - 750ml
Torre Rosazza lies in the heart of an area dedicated to vine growing since ancient times, the Colli Friuli Orientali DOC, the easternmost appellation in Italy. Its name derives from ‘Turis Rusaceae’ or Tower of Roses and the estate includes the 18th century Palazzo De’ Marchi now converted into a winery with cellar and guest rooms.
The property is centered on two natural amphitheatres of Eocene marl that are terraced and well exposed to the sun. Torre Rosazza covers a total of 110 hectares of which 90 are planted to vines in a truly prime location surrounded by the top producers of the region. An altitude of between 100 and 250 meters above sea level and a position South of the Julian Pre-Alps, no more than 20km from the mild Adriatic coastline, makes Torre Rosazza ideal for grape ripening. The hillsides are terraced and the soil contains a mix of marl and sandstone. Poor in nutrients, yet compact and with good mineral content, the soil provides perfect vine growing conditions.
The Torre Rosazza estate was acquired by Genagricola (Montcalm’s Italian parent company) in 1979, at a time when greater attention was being paid to vine management and vinification techniques and traditional skills were put on a solid scientific basis. The new ownership immediately implemented improved growing methods and zone separation. Over the years the winery was guided by famous enologist Walter Filipputti who was the man behind the introduction of barriques to finish the estate’s red wines.
Today the whole area is managed directly by Genagricola’s own personnel and since 2014 Riccardo Cottarella is overseeing all phase of the production process, from the vineyards to the winery. The grapes are picked by hand and processed immediately in the winery that is located at the center of the vineyards. Wine-making and finishing is almost exclusively done in stainless steel to preserve all the original, fresh aromas of the grapes. When needed, in the red wines, finishing in wood is discrete and limited to enhancing the typical characters of the vine without adding heavy overtones.
The Torre Rosazza winery is known for its beautifully elegant whites, including the award winning Pinot Grigio (3 Bicchieri and Top 100 WS) and Friulano, and for the importance that was always given to native varieties like pignolo, refosco and picolit, of which Torre Rosazza is the largest producer in Italy.
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.
- The voucher should be used within 30 days after ordered and it shall be invalid after the expiry date.
- Free delivery for orders of any Jointek Fine Wines products totaling HK$1200 and above in a single transaction. A standard delivery charge of HK$180 applies on orders under $1200 (standard locations only), or you may self-pick up your order at the below address.
- Delivery service (Hong Kong only): 12:00 pm-6:00 pm (Monday – Saturday)
Self-pick up service (Jointek Fine Wines below address): 9:30 am and 5:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
- An extra charge will be quoted to customers for Discovery Bay, Airport, Ma Wan, Park Island, Sha Tau Kok, restricted area, Ta Kwu Ling, Man Kam To, Mai Po, Lok Ma Chau closed areas, P.O. Box, Post Box, and buildings without elevators. In such a case, Jointek Fine Wines will contact you after you place your order for further arranging.
- The delivery charge and any extra charge will be collected by cash at the time of delivery.
How to Redeem:
After purchase through OKiBook, you will receive a confirmation email and voucher of each product / service you have purchased via your registered email address.
Jointek Fine Wines will contact you and arrange the delivery or self-pickup date/time.
Jointek Fine Wines
Address: 8/F, Wyler Centre, Phase II, 200 Tai Lin Pai Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Telephone: (852) 2986 1693/6080 1010
About the Voucher
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts or special offers, unless indicated otherwise
- OKiBook is not the supplier of the above merchandises and makes no representation or guarantee as to the quality of the merchandises collected/ delivered and accepts no liability for any matters arising from or in relation to the same.
- Redemption of merchandise is subject to availability and validity.
- No refund or exchange policy is applicable to this merchandise.
- All photos are for reference only. Contact Jointek Fine Wines for any issues regarding product quality.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Jointek Fine Wines shall be final, binding and conclusive.
- Jointek Fine Wines reserve the right to reject or cancel any redemption request received if it considers appropriate, including where there is insufficient stock or quota, or where the payment required for redeeming the relevant Offer as published by OKiBook is incorrect due to any error or technical defect.
- Other terms and conditions of OKiBook and Jointek Fine Wines shall apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
We Also Recommend
Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt Scotch - 1L
Nikka From The Barrel Japanese Whisky, Japan - 500ml