Gordon & MacPhail – Glen Grant 1948 – 72 Year Old - 700ml
- Tasting Notes
Charles Maclean note:
"Even before its official release, this supreme single malt has not only generated enormous anticipation, and garnered the highest praise from all quarters, but has already sold at auction in January for a world record-breaking price.
“I can honestly say this is one of the finest malts it has been my pleasure to taste in forty years of professional exploration. It is outstanding – rarely, if ever, have I been able to write so fulsome a testimonial! I feel privileged to have been able to nose and taste this Glen Grant 1948."
- Distilled: 1948
- Strength: 52.06%
- Bottled: 2020
- No. of Bottle: 290
- Distillery: Glen Grant
- Cask Type: Single Cask
- Volume: 700ml
- Cask no. : 440
Redemption Booking Guidelines
- Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.
- Limited quantities are available for pre-order. Expected delivery in January 2022 upon confirmation by Premier Whisky.
- Free delivery for orders of any Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) products.
How to Redeem:
- After purchase through OKiBook, you will receive a confirmation email and voucher of each product / service you have purchased via your registered email address.
- Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) will contact you and arrange the delivery or self-pickup date/time.
Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong)
Address: 20th Floor, Central Tower, 28 Queen's Road Central, Central
Opening Hour: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Phone: +852 3462 9509
About the Voucher
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts or special offers, unless indicated otherwise
- OKiBook is not the supplier of the above merchandises and makes no representation or guarantee as to the quality of the merchandises collected/ delivered and accepts no liability for any matters arising from or in relation to the same.
- Redemption of merchandise is subject to availability and validity.
- No refund or exchange policy is applicable to this merchandise.
- All photos are for reference only. Contact Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) for any issues regarding product quality.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) shall be final, binding and conclusive.
- Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) reserve the right to reject or cancel any redemption request received if it considers appropriate, including where there is insufficient stock or quota, or where the payment required for redeeming the relevant Offer as published by OKiBook is incorrect due to any error or technical defect.
- Other terms and conditions of OKiBook and Premier Whisky Ltd. (Hong Kong) shall apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Tasting notes by Charles MacLean
Very deep amber, Oloroso sherry; American oak ex-sherry cask, in spite of its deep colour, probably first-fill. Viscous, with exceptionally good beading.
A mellow but lively nose-feel – astonishing that the whisky has remained high strength after all this time. The top notes are of Christmas cake moistened with Oloroso sherry, with a slightly burnt base. These are supported by prune juice and baked apple skin, but the overall impression is dry. The base notes derive from oak (shavings, coconut, a suggestion of treacle toffee) and coffee grounds (chocolate and liquorice).
The texture is mouth-filling and lightly waxy (teeth-coating); the taste sweetish to start and tannic dry to finish, with a surprising amount of spice. The aftertaste whispers of espresso coffee and very dark chocolate. Like the nose, the taste is lively and full of vitality. The whole palate is in perfect harmony.
This is a hugely complex and rewarding malt whisky by any standards. Obviously, its great age adds value to the experience of tasting it, conjuring images of what the world was like in 1948, but – more important from a connoisseur’s perspective – its flavour opens a sensory door into another era, when whisky was different. The fact that it has retained a high ABV after all these years means that the aroma and taste are still vital and lively. Too often very old whiskies lack vitality, owing to low strength; they become fragile ghosts of their former selves. Not is this case!
We Also Recommend
Hennessy V.S.O.P. Privilege Chinese New Year 2024 Limited Edition Cognac, France - 700ml
Taiwan Head "Winter Solstice" - 330 ml
Taiwan Head "Summer Solstice" - 330 ml
Taiwan Head "Grain Rain" - 330 ml